Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Who's Your Daddy?

Ok, so the prodigal daughter has finally been revealed to the world. And I, like everyone else who even remotely follows Hollywood Gossip, am pleased to see that she's real. Quite honestly, I don't know why I care, it's not my child, nor a child that belongs to anyone even remotely important to me... but I guess I just wanted to see her. Not to mention, she is a very cute little baby. But consider the sources... she got awesome genes. As much as a Tom Cruise fan as I am NOT... I still think he's very attractive, esp in his younger years, and Suri's mom isn't so bad herself.

Part of my fascination, too, was the whole Scientology thing, how Tom got Katie to "convert" and they are raising Suri in the tradition of Scientologists. It's all very wacky and crazy to me, and while I respect all people's forms of beliefs and religions, this one is so commercialized, so popularized by Hollywood... (think Kaballah a few years back... thanks Madonna and DemiAshton) And because it is sorta kooky, waiting for the spaceship to come and everything... (forgive me any readers who are Scientologists, if my musing is insulting to your practices and beliefs!!!!) I can't help but find myself watching in awe as one of Hollywood's greatest actors brings a child into this world, raising her in the ways of this very "different" belief system. Whatever floats your boat, I guess. R


So yes, I did dedicate an entire blog entry to a Hollywood baby. I admit it. I'm a Hollywood gossip whore. I won't deny it. But hey... something's gotta get you through the day, right?

No comments: